- Electrical Engineering Gjøvik Ingenior Høgskole Gjøvik, Norway
- Mathmatics University of Colorado, Boulder – Bachelor of Arts
- Bryn Mawr College Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania – Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program
- The Medical College of Pennsylvania -Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – MD
- Medical Fellow Specialist, Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynecology University of Minnesota Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Diplomat of the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
A native of Oslo, Norway, Dr. Sheffield first came to study in the United States in 1986. She obtained her bachelor’s degree from the University of Colorado, Boulder, and worked briefly as an engineer for Ericsson Telecommunications in Oslo before pursuing her life long dream of becoming a physician. Her post-baccalaureate pre-medical education was completed at Bryn Mawr College, Pennsylvania, and she obtained her medical degree at the Medical College of Pennsylvania. Her residency training was in Minneapolis at the University of Minnesota. She practiced obstetrics and gynecology at Coon Rapids Women’s Health, a part of Allina Hospitals and Clinics in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Dr. Sheffield has been with ParkWest Women’s Health since 2004 and is currently pursuing a degree in family and marriage counseling.
An avid skier and recreational sports enthusiast, she enjoys travel, cooking, gardening and reading in her spare time. She has three children.