- Gandhi Medical College Hyderabad, India – MD
- Hartlepool General Hospital Cleveland, UK – Studied General Surgery/Anesthesiology
- Residency in Obstetrics & Gynecology University of Leicester Leicester, England
- 2nd Residency in Obstetrics & Gynecology University of Rochester
- Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American College of Gynecologists
- Society of Laproendoscopic Surgeons
- American Academy of Cosmetic Gynecologists
- Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
After graduation from Gandhi Medical College, Hyderabad India in 1987, she studied general surgery and anesthesia at Hartlepool General Hospital in Cleveland, United Kingdom. She completed her Residency in Obstetrics from Leicester General Hospital and obtained her Membership in the Royal College of Obstetrics & Gynecology in 1993. She proceeded to complete her 2nd Residency in 1997 from the University of Rochester and is Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
She is married to a gastroenterologist and together have raised two children in Rochester.
Dr. Penmetsa practices general obstetrics and gynecology with special interests in pregnancy planning, prenatal care, high-risk obstetric care, minimally invasive surgery including laparoscopic surgery and cosmetic gynecology (labiaplasty).
Dr. Penmetsa is certified in the use of BOTOX Cosmetic for treatment of wrinkles and furrows in the face.
Understanding the sensitive nature of women’s health, she works together with her staff to create a welcoming, warm and empathetic environment where women of all ages feel safe and supported in their decisions about their health.
It is particularly rewarding to her when she has truly been able to help her patients. Whether through pregnancy and delivery, gynecologic issues, or those whose daily life is impeded physically by intimate issues, her patients’ wellbeing is always foremost in her mind. This has naturally lead to Dr. Penmetsa offering cosmetic gynecologic services.
To learn more about Dr. Penmetsa’s cosmetic gynecology services, please visit:
Please contact our office by phone at (585) 473-2846 to schedule a telemedicine appointment with a physician.
Click here to start your scheduled telemedicine appointment with Dr. Penmetsa. (must use Google Chrome, Safari or Firefox web browser to access doxy.me telemedicine site)